Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Joan and the Voices

Armenia. SIFF owes me a movie.
I looked it up, and according to Wikipedia, “A film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a series of still or moving images”.  This...thing thus qualifies by a technicality as a movie. It has no story, plot, apparent reason for existing, and conveys no meaning, but it is a series of moving images projected on a screen. There is also sound, although little that conveys information. However, it is the opposite of Hitchcock's definition of a movie, real life without the boring parts. For the life of me, I do not understand why this movie was made, or why it was selected. I sat through the whole thing in part because I had nothing else to do and in part out of incredulity. Toward the end I became worried that they would ruin the perverse anti-perfection of the thing by putting something meaningful on the screen. They came close, there were a number of scenes of regular looking people in real seeming places having heartfelt conversations, but they did not include the dialog, just some discordant music, so crisis averted. It has to be seen to be believed, but then you would have to see it. Most misleading SIFF guide blurb ever.

http://visiblecontents.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment