Monday, June 4, 2012

People Like Us

USA. Highly recommended
The best kind of American movie. Very polished, exceptionally good writing, exceptional performances by major talent, very well crafted story with some great lines and  a wow finish. I laughed, I cried I was the perfect cliche of an appreciative audience member.

The director has worked on Big Movies that made a ton of money for the studios, and they rewarded him by funding a Small Movie and letting him do as he pleased It worked out pretty well. More, please. It is hard to imagine this will not get a wide release and do well and win awards. The question is, why are they bothering with the festivals? There was a Hollywood style movie last year with an all star cast giving what I think are their best ever performances, which the audience loved, and I really loved,  called Salvation Row. It sank like a rock, never heard of it again. There was another movie that I despised with big stars and a name director called Burke and Hare ( again, I spit on you, John Landis). Everyone but me loved it, looooved it. Never heard from. I have no idea why this happens. Must be awfully frustrating for the people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment